Hi guys!
One more recipe for the night and then I'm out. Just made this favorite of mine and thought I would share with you. If you haven't had these before you are seriously missing out! :) So pour yourself a glass of milk and get ready for some warm doughnut-like goodness! :)
French Breakfast Puffs
Muffins:
-1 c. sugar
-1/3 c. butter
-3 eggs
-3 c. flour
-3 tsp. baking powder
-1 tsp. salt
-1 c. milk
Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture:
-1/2 stick butter
-1/2 c. sugar
-1 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350'.
Cream together the butter and sugar until mixed well.
Break up egg yolks in separate bowl and mix together with butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternating with milk. Starting with dry and ending with milk. (3 intervals)
Line muffin tins with paper liners and fill 2/3 full with mixture.
Bake: 20-25 minutes.
(The first dozen I baked for 25 minutes, second for 23 1/2 minutes. ) Depending on your oven. Insert a toothpick and when it comes out clean, its done!
Melt 1/2 stick of butter in one bowl and mix cinnamon and sugar in another.
Right away when puffs come out of the oven dip top completely in the melted butter and then in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Here are a couple pictures of mine. They aren't perfect because, I have to admit, I was in a hurry to eat one of them. :)
Hope you love them as much as I do! :)


Those look good!! I might have to bake those with Ashley sometime!
ReplyDeleteThey are super tasty... however, after I posted this I started eating more of them and looking at the recipe and this one isn't quite right. I totally forgot to go back and change what I screwed up on.. This one I got online because I couldn't remember the original recipe that we grew up eating. BUT I found it! :) remind me and I'll have to give it to you guys sometime! (whenever we actually meet face to face!)
ReplyDelete