Friday, January 13, 2012

*~Little Lessons~*

Happy Weekend! Hope it's leading to lots of fun things for all of you! The crapp-O weather decided to rear its ugly head and make our friends unable to travel, so we are spending a quiet weekend at home instead. In a super clean house though!! That's always good! :)

Thought I would blog quickly and share a little something that always touches my heart but hit a different cord today.

Actually since Giuliana was born she very much likes to hold my hand (finger) very tightly. She would fumble around until she felt something familiar and grab on tight. Almost to the point where I would have to move my finger because my fingertip would turn purplish. It's precious. I love that she feels so much more secure holding on to me tightly. As she's gotten older she likes to hold her bottle more or is too sleep and wants to be lazy and just lay there and do nothing while Momma feeds her ;). That's ok, but today she did it again :).

I was feeding her and she reached around with her hand.... fumbled around a little bit because I at first didn't know what she was doing, but then I put my thumb in her sweet little palm and she grabbed on for deal life. As I sat there just sharing at her little fingers around my thumb it made me think.

How often do we reach out and cling to Christ's hand? Do we only do it when we have a major tragedy in our lives, sickness, loss of a job, heartbreak, want something... etc. etc.? Or, do we cling to Him when He provides us with another day, another blessing, the good things in life... do we cling to Him when he is feeding us spiritually? I am speaking to myself because it's easy to cling to Christ just in the hard times. It's easy to only go to Him and pray our hearts out when we NEED something... but we should do it in good times and bad.

My point with this is.. obviously Giuliana wasn't stressed out about anything..... she wasn't hurt, not scared, not angry.... not "trials".... she was simply resting in my arms, and she wanted to rest clinging to the promise that I was right there for her. If you needed me, she was already holding on and in connection with me.

I will no doubt let Giuliana down.. I'm not a perfect mother, nobody is. God however is PERFECT.

Hebrews 13:5 ".... I will never leave you or forsake you."

He will never leave us. Never let go. As long as we "fumble" around to grab His hand, He is there for our security.
M
~May we not just "fumble" around and reach out for Christ when we need Him, but hold on to Him in the sunshine and the storms.~

Peace, Love, and Clinging to the Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment